Public relations (PR) is a cost-effective marketing tool which can be of huge benefit to veterinary practices seeking to build their profile.
- What makes a good story? How can you give it the best chance of being used?
- How can you build a good profile with your local media?
- How can you get in front of a community group?
We’ve linked up with George PR, a specialist PR agency that has been helping veterinary practices build their profile for almost 5 years. George PR is now offering Webpartner clients a cost-effective, modular PR service to help you get out there and make some noise.
This will help you get started if you're keen to use PR and have resource internally to use it. It provides:
- A factsheet giving advice in the type of stories that newspapers regard as newsworthy and some specific suggestions of story ideas for local papers.
- A template press release showing how to present your stories to achieve the best chance of success.
- A 15 minute phone call with George PR to run through the material provided and give you any further advice you need to get started.
PR toolkit and helpline
This module offers the additional option of on-going phone/email support from George PR for 3 or 6 months, for instance, to discuss whether a story is suitable for a press release or to review a press release prepared in-house.
Press release writing
If you’ve got a story but don’t have the know how to write a press release, George PR can do this for you. They’ll email you a questionnaire to extract the information they need, put the story together, liaising with pet owners or other third parties if required, and send a final version to you for approval. They’ll also brief you on the type of photograph needed.
When the press release is approved, they’ll issue it to the media in your locality. They can’t guarantee that it will be used or how prominent it will be, that’s up to the editor. But George PR’s experience means they have a high success rate - should a press release they prepare on your behalf not appear, they will prepare a second one for you at half price.
If you have opportunities to speak at local community groups, George PR can help you by preparing a presentation and briefing materials for use by members of the practice team. They can also advise on the best way to secure speaker opportunities if required.
Virtual PR manager
If you would prefer to outsource all your PR requirements, George PR will take a brief from you and prepare a costed PR plan which they will then implement on your behalf.